Now that summer has officially arrived, the LOLA team is taking full advantage of the great outdoors with long reads in the park, outdoor concerts, and beach weekends. Wherever your summer adventures may take you, the LOLA team has got you covered with this week’s favorite finds:
1. Always use protection. Sun-protection, that is. We’ve been searching for a safe sunscreen and are declaring Drunk Elephant’s Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 a chemical-free summer necessity.
2. The arrival of summer means picnics, afternoon rosé, and lobster rolls. If you’ll be in The Big Apple, you’ll probably want to #eeeeeat your way through The Infatuation’s NYC Summer Guide.
3. FOMO from missing The United State of Women Conference? Listen to the Call Your Girlfriend rundown of Michelle Obama & Oprah’s conversation on the next generation of women.
4. Wearing white has never felt (or looked) so good. For every Rallier dress sold, school uniforms are sourced from regions plagued by gender inequality and given to local schoolgirls.
5. If your significant other has been slacking on the dishes since spring cleaning, show him or her this new study claiming equitable housework leads to more sex. Perhaps it would be best to save making the bed for last.
6. This summer, we’ll be packing Fig & Yarrow’s Hygiene Travel Kit for our weekend adventures. Once their all-natural products have you hooked, maybe you can even stop playing Britney’s ‘Don’t you know that you’re toxic’ on repeat.
7. Take advantage of your summer Fridays by cozying up and indulging in one of Brit & Co’s picks from their Summer Reading List. We’ll be starting with In the Country we Love: My Family Divided by actress Diane Guerrero (Orange is the New Black & Jane the Virgin), a timely memoir that explores the struggles of undocumented immigrants and their families.
8. Instagram of the Week: photographer Brittany Wright of @WrightKitchen reminds us that healthy eating is not merely black and white in her mesmerizing food gradients.